Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pillivuyt Bakers.


I found these matching bakers at a local thrift store over a month ago.  I've had my eye on them ever since, but couldn't pull the trigger since they were marked $24.99 and $34.99.  Even with 50% off, I just couldn't do it.  I could tell they were high quality, but did some more research and now I know all about Pillivuyt.  Founded in 1818, Pullivuyt produces culinary porcelain in the heart of France.  Check out more details here.

Last Saturday I went to visit them again and say hello.  I asked the nice cashier when things that have been around a while go on sale at a deeper discount.  I showed him what I was looking at and he offered them to me for 75% off.  Sold.  They are finally mine, and the lesson of the day is: it never hurts to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment