Sunday, November 3, 2013

Vanity Desk - revamped.

I have been looking for a vanity desk for months, and finally found this on Craigslist.  It was $65 but needed a little attention.  I thought a good cleaning would be enough, but I found some imperfections that would benefit from a paint job.



I actually started with the knobs I found at Anthropologie (on sale for $2.95 each!).  I picked out a neutral Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey, and chose a medium blue under coat (Behr Warm Spring).  I also used some leftover yellow paint I had on the inside of the drawers to brighten them up and add a splash of color.



The chalk paint uses a different technique, but I really love how it turned out.  I sanded the edges to expose some of the blue and sealed the whole thing with Annie Sloan Soft Wax in clear.  It took a few coats of paint, chalk paint, and wax, but overall I think it was a successful experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment