Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Vintage Pyrex Labware.


So I loved chemistry labs in college, partially because all of the cool and oddly shaped glassware.  Over the last few months I've started a small collection of Pyrex lab glass.  So far I have four pieces and the most I've paid is $10 (for the ball flask with the cool stopper).  A graduated cylinder, test tube, and then some crazy small flask with a neat glass cover round out the collection. Sitting next to my dad's senior picture, I think we have successfully reached the nerd quotient on this particular shelf.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know I lived around the corner from Alton Brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND, look at what The Kitchn posted today:

    http://www.thekitchn.com/why-dont-we-use-lab-beakers-more-in-the-kitchen-189036?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Category%2FChannel%3A+Main

    ReplyDelete